FAST COMPANY: Turning Big Data into Smart Data: 5 Lessons for Marketers from the Obama Campaign
April 11, 2013
Check out Fast Company’s Co.Create article from contributor, Rae Ann Fera featuring insight from Joe Rospars, co-founder and CEO of Blue State Digital, the digital agency behind both Obama campaigns.
The smart use of data has the potential to unlock value and insight across everything. It’s not a silo; it’s a sandbox.
The top 5 things marketers should remember when diving into Big Data:
- Understand that there is a person behind the data (Yes! We couldn’t agree more.)
- It’s not about big data, it’s about Smart Data used at scale (Absolutely!)
- Tools are just that…tools
- It’s not creativity or data, it’s both (Exactly. Smart Data technology empowers an editor or marketer to make even more informed decisions)
- Data up the organization (this might become our new Sailthru catchphrase…Data Up!)
The State of Brand Loyalty in the U.S. in 2023
The Impact of Gamification on Retail
The popularity of gamification continues to soar and is now an essential marketing tool to drive engagement and loyalty. The appeal of interactive experiences...
5 Gen Z Stats Marketers Need to Know
The influence of Generation Z is on the rise. Estimated to account for as much as 26% of the world’s population, Gen Zers care...