FAST COMPANY: Turning Big Data into Smart Data: 5 Lessons for Marketers from the Obama Campaign
Check out Fast Company’s Co.Create article from contributor, Rae Ann Fera featuring insight from Joe Rospars, co-founder and CEO of Blue State Digital, the digital agency behind both Obama campaigns.
The smart use of data has the potential to unlock value and insight across everything. It’s not a silo; it’s a sandbox.
The top 5 things marketers should remember when diving into Big Data:
- Understand that there is a person behind the data (Yes! We couldn’t agree more.)
- It’s not about big data, it’s about Smart Data used at scale (Absolutely!)
- Tools are just that…tools
- It’s not creativity or data, it’s both (Exactly. Smart Data technology empowers an editor or marketer to make even more informed decisions)
- Data up the organization (this might become our new Sailthru catchphrase…Data Up!)