FAST COMPANY: Turning Big Data into Smart Data: 5 Lessons for Marketers from the Obama Campaign
April 11, 2013
Check out Fast Company’s Co.Create article from contributor, Rae Ann Fera featuring insight from Joe Rospars, co-founder and CEO of Blue State Digital, the digital agency behind both Obama campaigns.
The smart use of data has the potential to unlock value and insight across everything. It’s not a silo; it’s a sandbox.
The top 5 things marketers should remember when diving into Big Data:
- Understand that there is a person behind the data (Yes! We couldn’t agree more.)
- It’s not about big data, it’s about Smart Data used at scale (Absolutely!)
- Tools are just that…tools
- It’s not creativity or data, it’s both (Exactly. Smart Data technology empowers an editor or marketer to make even more informed decisions)
- Data up the organization (this might become our new Sailthru catchphrase…Data Up!)
Pre-register for the 2023 Consumer Trends Index
How Sailthru Used Virtual Events to Stay Close to its Customers
Like many brands, Sailthru was eager to get back to hosting live events in 2021. But instead the team encountered a year of last-minute...
Sailthru’s 2022 Year in Review
2022 has been another year for the books – especially for cross-channel marketers. Marketing trends continue to keep us on our toes, ensuring we...
Data & AI
Thanksgiving Week Shows Retailers Collecting Zero-Party Data While Loyalty Programs Continue To Provide Solid Revenue Streams
The 2022 holiday shopping season has begun and forward-thinking brands are seizing the opportunity to collect zero-party data via interactive experiences in the busiest...