Sailthru Industry Best Practices Notice
Sailthru, Inc. ("Sailthru" or "we") has a no tolerance spam policy. "Spam" means unsolicited communication to persons with whom client does not have a business relationship or who have not specifically requested (opted-in to) Customer’s mailing.
A client’s account will be terminated if such client sends Spam. Please contact us immediately to report any suspected abuse. Please forward the complete email in question, including headers. If applicable, please also unsubscribe from the newsletter using the link at the bottom of the email if you no longer wish to receive emails from the sender. We will take the appropriate action against the sender of the email in question.
All users of our Service must agree to only sending permission-based email. This means that all recipients sent to must have opted-in to receive communications from the sending organization. The opt-in process requires that a potential user actively selects the products or services they are interested in and wish to subscribe to.
An opt-in can occur either via a sign-up form on client’s web site, at a point-of-sale sign-up form, or on a physical sign-up sheet. Purchased lists may not be used within the Sailthru system, regardless of the source or permission status.
As a user of Sailthru’s services, you may not:
- harvest emails from web sites
- purchase lists (whether they are opt-in or not)
- rent lists
- borrow or lend lists
- have a subscription form that subscribes users to an unrelated list
send out unrelated offers or unrelated content to your newsletter list
- add an email address into a list without the subscriber’s permission
- send out a regular newsletter to a recipient who has opted-in to receive it
- send out information and content to recipients who have requested to receive content on that topic from your organization
- send out user triggered emails that result from actions carried out on your website
Sailthru has a no tolerance Spam policy. The strict measures we take to enforce our policy include, but are not limited to:
We monitor use of the system for any large increases in sending emails
- We utilize a content-checking utility to screen and flag any message that contains words common to unsolicited emails.
- A record is saved of every email that is sent through the system.
- Any customer found to be using Sailthru’s services for Spam will be immediately cut-off from use of the services.
- We maintain the IP address and date subscribed for every new subscriber.
Every email, whether text or HTML, contains a mandatory unsubscribe/opt-out link at the bottom of the message. This unsubscribe link cannot be removed.
Procedure for Handling Complaints
Your account will be immediately terminated if we determine in our sole discretion that you send Spam. We provide our product only to those who follow our strict Anti-Spam Policy. Using the system to send out emails to addresses obtained in any way other than a subscriber opting-in to your list may incur a $100 (US) charge per substantiated incident (i.e. per email) in accordance with state and federal regulations. If you cannot provide proof that these addresses were subscribed to the list, lack of proof is also considered a 'substantiated incident' and will incur a $100.00 (US) charge per incident.
To determine whether you have sent spam we will:
- review the content of the message in question
- review your subscriber list for patterns common to harvested lists
- review the Spam complaint
- view the records to see when the subscriber was subscribed and their IP address
For more information visit spamlaws.com.
Prohibited Content Policy
Sailthru prohibits the use of the Services by any client that engages in any of the following:
- Provides, sells or offers to sell the following products or content (or services related to the same): pornography; escort services; illegal goods; illegal drugs; illegal drug contraband; pirated computer programs; instructions on how to assemble or otherwise make bombs, grenades or other weapons
- Provides, lends, sells, or offers to sell or rents any mailing list
- Displays material that exploits children, or otherwise exploits children under 18 years of age
- Posts or discloses any personally identifying information or private information about children
- Provides material that is abusive, offensive, bigoted, prejudiced, racist, hateful, profane, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, sexually explicit, violent, harassing, fraudulent, deceptive, misleading or otherwise objectionable or illegal content
- Violates the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, intellectual property or other rights of another
- Sells or promotes any products or services that are unlawful in the location at which the content is posted or received
- Introduces viruses, worms, harmful code and/or Trojan horses on the Internet
- Promotes, solicits or participates in pyramid schemes
- Engages in any libelous, defamatory, scandalous, threatening, harassing activity
- Posts any content that advocates, promotes or otherwise encourages violence against any governments, organizations, groups or individuals or which provides instruction, information or assistance in causing or carrying out such violence.
As always, sending unsolicited commercial email is FORBIDDEN. Sailthru reserves the right to prohibit the use of the Services by any client at its sole discretion.