Sailthru and Amazon Simple Email Service
January 27, 2011
Some people have been asking about Amazon’s Simple Email Service, which was just launched and offers email sending at a super-low price.
Yesterday, I posted my thoughts on this service on Business Insider. Marigold Engage by Sailthru, as you might have noticed, also sends email. Isn’t Amazon competitive and charging a much lower price? Not really. Marigold Engage by Sailthru, a full service provider, while Amazon is providing a piece of infrastructure. What’s the difference?
Here’s what both SES and Marigold Engage by Sailthru do:
- send emails
Here’s some of what Sailthru does, that SES doesn’t:
- industry-best deliverability
- open, click, and purchase tracking
- list and campaign management
- userbase analytics (engagement, geo, interest-based, time-of-day, etc)
- dynamically assembled emails using templates
- behavioral targeting and segmenting
- user interface to build and manage all of the above
- 24-hour support with human beings whenever you have delivery problems or need help
Anyone who considers email an important part of their business is not going to be able to use what Amazon is offering without building significant additional pieces on top of it. At Marigold Engage by Sailthru, we’re excited about Amazon’s new product and look forward to evaluating and possibly integrating with it.
The State of Brand Loyalty in the U.S. in 2023
5 Gen Z Stats Marketers Need to Know
The influence of Generation Z is on the rise. Estimated to account for as much as 26% of the world’s population, Gen Zers care...
5 Gen X Stats Marketers Need to Know
Gen X does not like to be ignored. Described as both self-reliant and slackers, Gen X is the smallest generation when compared to Baby...