Beyond the Hype: How Marketers Can Capitalize on AI
July 29, 2019
We’ve broadly accepted that artificial intelligence will impact the future of business operations and in many cases, it already has. Look at Netflix. A sophisticated recommendation algorithm, which personalizes the entire experience right down to the thumbnails, helped the company recapture $1 billion in revenue in 2017. The Netflixes of the world train consumers to expect these AI-enhanced experiences.
Of course, not every company has the resources to make that happen. That gap in funding, talent, technology and processes leads many marketers to consider artificial intelligence and machine learning solutions. However, they don’t always know how.
That’s why Sailthru has sponsored Beyond the Hype: How Marketers Can Capitalize on AI, a new whitepaper from Harvard Business Review Analytic Services.
One way to get beyond the hype is to understand that you shouldn’t be buying a technology. Instead, you should be buying an output. In other words, the key question isn’t “Is this tool AI?” but rather, “What can this tool do for me?”
Used to its full potential, AI and machine learning, a branch of AI that applies statistical analyses and algorithms to large volumes of data, should augment human marketers and not replace them, no matter how sophisticated and pervasive these technologies become. When they tackle mundane, automated tasks, human marketers are free to spend their time on more strategic, creative thinking.
Download the whitepaper to learn more about:
- How forward-looking marketers are pushing AI beyond first-generation chatbots and product recommendations
- The hurdles marketing organizations face in implementing AI — and best practices for derailing them
- The use cases considered most valuable by industry analysts from Deloitte Consulting and Sloan School of Management at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Success stories from leading companies like Condé Nast, JustFab and MATCHESFASHION.COM
- Five steps you can take to address transformational challenges in your organization
5 Welcome Series Email Strategies from the World's Best Brands
How can you make your welcome emails a warmer, more valuable experience?
How Personalization Can Enhance Email for Publishers
Email for publishers is having a moment in the sun. Throughout the coronavirus pandemic, subscriptions have been on the rise and it’s been paying...
What Makes Sephora Such an Outstanding Omnichannel Retailer?
The next time someone questions the amount of time and money you’re spending on personalization to unify the customer experience, tell them about Sephora—the...