Introducing Sailthru and Carnival.io Profile and List Integrations
November 14, 2016
While nearly 70% of U.S. consumers use smartphones on a daily basis, only 13% of marketers have successfully integrated mobile strategies and tactics. Cross-channel engagement is one of the top barriers preventing brands from increasing repeat engagement, and since acquiring Carnival.io in April, Marigold Engage by Sailthru has been committed to solving this challenge by delivering innovation across all key digital channels—for email, for your website and for mobile engagement. After just 6 months since the acquisition, we’ve begun to integrate the two platforms to pave the way for a greater cross-channel experience for your customers. By using these two connected platforms, marketers like you can stay one step ahead of your competitors by pairing your digital marketing strategies across both email and mobile.
Connect Customers’ Mobile and Email Experience
This first phase of integration allows joint customers to match profiles found in Marigold Engage by Sailthru and devices in Carnival.io, and surface Sailthru list information inside of Carnival.io giving you the ability to create lists of Carnival.io users in Marigold Engage by Sailthru.
With the ability to target mutual customers in both Sailthru and Carnival.io, you can now reach and provide customers with a more seamless experience across key channels. This is a significant foundational step to enable future data sharing and functionality, and a first step to cross-channel success with mobile.
How it works:
- Profile – Device Linking: Once a user identifies their email address in your mobile app, the two platforms will start trying to find a matching User Profile in Marigold Engage by Sailthru. A match will add that user’s device(s) to their User Profile.
- Query Mutual Users in Marigold Engage by Sailthru: Easily take a snapshot or build a Smart List of your mobile users in Marigold Engage by Sailthru.
- Sailthru Lists in Carnival: Carnival.io’s Audience Builder has a new criteria, Marigold Engage by Sailthru Lists. Every night at midnight, list membership from Marigold Engage by Sailthru, pushed over to Carnival.io to use in any mobile app messaging that’s relevant to your customers.
Cross-Channel In Action
Using this integration, marketers have the opportunity to fine-tune and test strategies and tactics across email and mobile, which can lead to significant increases in customer engagement across both channels.
Consider the following use cases:
- Step up your re-engagement efforts: Find customers who did not open your 90-day re-engagement email and retarget them through mobile by querying the customers who did not open the email campaign in Audience Builder and pushing that query as a list over to Carnival.io.
- Get the latest and greatest app announcements to heavy email users through their preferred channel, email: Target your mobile customers in Marigold Engage by Sailthru by selecting criteria indicating whether or not an individual has a Carnival.io device.
- Increase conversion opportunities: Send an in app message about your weekly deals, promotions or launches to your newsletter audience who are most likely to convert via mobile. Target your engaged mobile app users who are also email subscribers with emails including deep links to content and products.
Be on the lookout for more news on further integration between Sailthru and Carnival.io as we work towards building the ultimate hub for managing your customer’s cross-channel experiences.
If you’re a Sailthru customer interested in learning more about this first milestone in integrating with Carnival.io and how to take advantage of it, please reach out to your Customer Success representative. Not a Sailthru customer but eager to start connecting your channels and increasing engagement? Contact us for a 1:1 consultation.
The State of Brand Loyalty in the U.S. in 2023
Do You Need to Worry About Google’s Plan to Delete Inactive Accounts?
Marketers should use Google’s latest initiative as an opportunity to focus on their own data health and list quality. Last week Google announced that...
A Step-by-Step Guide to the RFP Process
Putting together a request for proposal (RFP) for a new email marketing platform can be arduous. It’s a time-consuming process and usually involves many...