Introducing Sailthru and Carnival.io Profile and List Integrations
By Vanessa Sorenson | November 14, 2016
While nearly 70% of U.S. consumers use smartphones on a daily basis, only 13% of marketers have successfully integrated mobile strategies and tactics. Cross-channel engagement is one of the top barriers preventing brands from increasing repeat engagement, and since acquiring Carnival.io in April, Sailthru has been committed to solving this challenge by delivering innovation across all key digital channels—for email, for your website and for mobile engagement. After just 6 months since the acquisition, we’ve begun to integrate the two platforms to pave the way for a greater cross-channel experience for your customers. By using these two connected platforms, marketers like you can stay one step ahead of your competitors by pairing your digital marketing strategies across both email and mobile.
Connect Customers’ Mobile and Email Experience
This first phase of integration allows joint customers to match profiles found in Sailthru and devices in Carnival.io, and surface Sailthru list information inside of Carnival.io giving you the ability to create lists of Carnival.io users in Sailthru.
With the ability to target mutual customers in both Sailthru and Carnival.io, you can now reach and provide customers with a more seamless experience across key channels. This is a significant foundational step to enable future data sharing and functionality, and a first step to cross-channel success with mobile.
How it works:
- Profile – Device Linking: Once a user identifies their email address in your mobile app, the two platforms will start trying to find a matching User Profile in Sailthru. A match will add that user’s device(s) to their User Profile.
- Query Mutual Users in Sailthru: Easily take a snapshot or build a Smart List of your mobile users in Sailthru.
- Sailthru Lists in Carnival: Carnival.io’s Audience Builder has a new criteria, Sailthru Lists. Every night at midnight, list membership from Sailthru is pushed over to Carnival.io to use in any mobile app messaging that’s relevant to your customers.
Cross-Channel In Action
Using this integration, marketers have the opportunity to fine-tune and test strategies and tactics across email and mobile, which can lead to significant increases in customer engagement across both channels.
Consider the following use cases:
- Step up your re-engagement efforts: Find customers who did not open your 90-day re-engagement email and retarget them through mobile by querying the customers who did not open the email campaign in Audience Builder and pushing that query as a list over to Carnival.io.
- Get the latest and greatest app announcements to heavy email users through their preferred channel, email: Target your mobile customers in Sailthru by selecting criteria indicating whether or not an individual has a Carnival.io device.
- Increase conversion opportunities: Send an in app message about your weekly deals, promotions or launches to your newsletter audience who are most likely to convert via mobile. Target your engaged mobile app users who are also email subscribers with emails including deep links to content and products.
Be on the lookout for more news on further integration between Sailthru and Carnival.io as we work towards building the ultimate hub for managing your customer’s cross-channel experiences.
If you’re a Sailthru customer interested in learning more about this first milestone in integrating with Carnival.io and how to take advantage of it, please reach out to your Customer Success representative. Not a Sailthru customer but eager to start connecting your channels and increasing engagement? Contact us for a 1:1 consultation.
2020 Holiday Marketing Playbook
With all that has happened this year, we expect to see a holiday season unlike any other. That said, the time to start testing and building out email and CRM strategies is now. Along with our Retail Advisor, former JustFab VP Monica Deretich, Sailthru has developed this playbook to help retailers crush Q4 and beyond.
Retail Mobile Apps: The Good, the Bad, and the Opportunity
There’s no doubt that mobile shoppers are increasingly important to retailers. Last year was a monumental one for mobile commerce, as Americans spent more...
By Kristine Lowery
Mobile Marketing and Geolocation: Up Your Effectiveness With Location Targeting
Mobile marketing is an important aspect of every marketing plan (or at least it should be.) Even when they’re on the go, consumers expect...
By Alan Meyer