Email Deliverability: Why It’s Essential and How It Drives Business Results
March 5, 2020
Every day, people receive more than 293 billion emails, a staggering number that only represents the tip of the iceberg. Why? The actual number of emails sent is closer to 5.9 quadrillion, with the overwhelming majority blocked outright or delivered to the spam folder.
Something many people don’t realize is that to the major Internet Service Providers (ISPs) — Gmail, Yahoo!, Hotmail, Comcast and AOL — “spam” doesn’t refer to marketing messages people may find annoying, but rather malicious email filled with scams and viruses. In order to protect their networks and their customers, the ISPs cast a wide net. If a message appears to have similarity with spam, it’s dead on arrival, never to see the light of the inbox, as protecting users’ inboxes is the top priority of any ISP. That’s why strong email deliverability is essential.
Deliverability is the unsung hero of email marketing, ultimately ensuring a company’s emails reach their intended recipients. It’s determined by a host of factors, including the engagement of your subscribers and quality of your lists, and even your reputation as an email sender. Email deliverability is also a background player, so far in the shadows that many people don’t think about it, until there’s a major issue.
That’s why our team created Delivering Results to the Inbox. Download the guide to learn more about:
- Essential email deliverability vocabulary and all the acronyms you need to know
- The complex path messages take en route to the inbox
- How deliverability drives revenue
- The importance of sender reputation and sending email people LOVE
- How list management and preference centers factor into email deliverability
- The good, the bad and the gray area of permission practices
- Email headers and return-paths
- A guide to some of the world’s email legislations, including the new California Consumer Protection Act
- How to get started, complete with a checklist
Pre-register for the 2023 Consumer Trends Index
How Media is Using Email’s Reliability Moving into 2022
This byline was originally posted on Digiday.com At the start of 2022, it’s safe to say that email’s moment of resurgence is far from...
Data & AI
Email Marketing Benchmarks: Everything You Need to Know for 2022
Are your emails performing well relative to the competition? Which metrics should you focus on now that open rates aren’t as reliable after Mail...