65 Ecommerce Statistics About Consumer Psychology [Infographic]
By Business2Community | March 16, 2016
There are a bunch of aspects to running an ecommerce business but when you boil it down, everything comes back to how your website, brand, and products are perceived by consumers. You can have your own assumptions of what will work but how do you really know what’s going to drive a shopper to convert into a sale?
Our friends over at Bargain Fox have helped us all out with an in depth look at ecommerce consumer psychology. Are you ready for 65 stats that will help you transform your ecommerce marketing, website design, customer engagement strategy, and overall sales numbers?
Our Favorite Ecommerce Statistics
- 93% of consumers consider visual appearance to be the key deciding factor in a purchasing decision.
- Customer purchases increase by 45% when forced registration is removed from the checkout page.
- 56% of consumers abandon carts when presented with unexpected costs.
- 68% of US online shoppers engage with LiveChat.
- Engaged customers are 7 times more like to respond to brands promotional offers.
- 68% of consumers strongly believe that coupons have a positive impact on a retailer’s brand.
- Orders with free shipping average around 30% higher order value.
- 93% of online shoppers like to shop at small and local retailers.
- 40% of shoppers prefer receiving discounts over loyalty program points.
- Adding testimonials to a website increases conversion by 34%.
Sourced by: BargainFox
This article was written by Grant Thomas from Business2Community and was legally licensed through the NewsCred publisher network.
2020 Holiday Marketing Playbook
With all that has happened this year, we expect to see a holiday season unlike any other. That said, the time to start testing and building out email and CRM strategies is now. Along with our Retail Advisor, former JustFab VP Monica Deretich, Sailthru has developed this playbook to help retailers crush Q4 and beyond.
How ANINE BING and rue21 are Preparing for a Holiday Season Unlike Any Other
The events of this year have all but guaranteed we’ll see a holiday season unlike any other. Consumer behaviors are changing rapidly. Due to...
By Julie Miller
Product & Customers
How Brilliant Earth Sees Brilliant Results With Sailthru
When evaluating a new email services provider, there are many things to consider: send speed, analytics and the level of customer support, just to...
By Elizabeth Trombino