5 Reasons Shopping In Stores Will Never Go Away
April 18, 2014
We 100% agree with this piece from Business Insider, but would add that the shopping experience can always be improved. Consumers don’t shop online just because of convenience and choice, they shop online because more and more online retailers are personalizing the experience. It’s the conversation that should be happening for every retailer moving forward.
As e-commerce becomes more popular, many major American retailers are closing stores.
But there are many reasons that people will continue to shop in stores forever, writes Libra White at the blog Business 2 Community.
White shares a few reasons shopping in stores will never completely go away. Here are a few of our favorites.
1. People like to smell and feel the things they buy. Items like perfume and clothing are better experienced in stores, White writes.
2. Shopping is a social experience. Many people love to shop with friends and family and get feedback on items before purchasing them.
3. Instant gratification. Shipping can add more than a week to the time you’ll receive an item. Not to mention the chance you won’t be home when your package arrives and will have to wait even longer. Go to a store and you’ll receive your item immediately, White writes.
4. No disappointment. If you try on an item in stores and it doesn’t fit, you can simply discard it. Buying clothing online is more risky.
5. No added costs. Shipping costs can be expensive. Sometimes, it’s easier to simply go to the retailer and purchase an item.
Read the rest of White’s reasons here.
SEE ALSO: 35 Companies Changing The Way We Shop And Eat
Want to read more retail news? Follow Business Insider: Life on Facebook
2023 U.S. Consumer Trends Index Infographic
4 Signs That It’s Time to Upgrade Your Messaging Platform
Is it possible to scale exponentially while getting more personalized with each and every customer? It is with machine learning and the power of...
Sailthru Releases New Cross-Channel Capabilities
Marketers Can Increase Revenue from Long-Term Customer Relationships Through New Cross-Channel Capabilities Like Expanded Orchestration, Enhanced Automation and Time-Saving Workflows Sailthru, a Marigold brand...