Must Read: Debunking the 5 Myths of Personalization Parts 1 & 2Apr 2, 2015 - by Kristine Lowery
There is a deluge of definitions surrounding marketing personalization today. We’ve set the record straight before on what personalization means to us–and what it means for other players in the game. But there is still quite a bit of dissonance surrounding personalization as a practice and as a marketing mindset, including a huge proliferation of personalization myths.
Here are some of the most common ones (which aren’t true, by the way):
1. Personalization is all or nothing
2. Personalization at scale is far too costly
3. Personalization is a “nice to have”
4. Recommendations and predictions are the same thing
5. Personalization only drives short term conversion
Enough is enough.