FAST COMPANY: Turning Big Data into Smart Data: 5 Lessons for Marketers from the Obama CampaignApr 11, 2013 - by Kelly Berry
The smart use of data has the potential to unlock value and insight across everything. It’s not a silo; it’s a sandbox.
The top 5 things marketers should remember when diving into Big Data:
- Understand that there is a person behind the data (Yes! We couldn’t agree more.)
- It’s not about big data, it’s about Smart Data used at scale (Absolutely!)
- Tools are just that…tools
- It’s not creativity or data, it’s both (Exactly. Smart Data technology empowers an editor or marketer to make even more informed decisions)
- Data up the organization (this might become our new Sailthru catchphrase…Data Up!)